The Skin and Vein Center - Dr. Eric Seiger
Dr. Eric Seiger is an experienced board-certified dermatologist and
a highly skilled cosmetic surgeon. He has long been a community leader in medical education and training, as a faculty member of the prestigious Dermatology Residency Program at Pontiac Osteopathic Hospital.
Dr. Seiger has helped to develop new techniques for the safe removal and treatment of veins. He has frequently been published in medical journals and sought out by the media to provide expert advice and commentary.
As a leader in the field of cosmetic surgery and enhancements at The Skin and Vein Center, Dr. Eric Seiger has been designated a National Certified Physician Trainer by the makers of both Botox and Restylane. His national reputation for the use of cutting-edge technology and science has led many of the country's best known medical equipment manufacturers to ask him to introduce new products and procedures in the State of Michigan.
University of Delaware, Sept 1977 - May 1981,
University of Medicine and Dentistry, New
Jersey School of Osteopathic Medicine, Sept 1982
Graduated May 21, 1986
Internship: Pontiac Osteopathic Hospital, July
1, 1986 to June 31,1987 Residency: Pontiac
Osteopathic Hospital, August 1,1987 to August 1,
Major Professional Activity:
Office based care
Dermatology, Dermatological Surgery,
Treatment of Varicose Veins and Cosmetic Surgery.
American Osteopathic Board of Dermatology Date
of Certification: November 11, 1992
American Osteopathic College Of Dermatology
American Academy of Dermatology Michigan
Association of Osteopathic Physicians American
College of Phlebology International Society of
Dermatology International Society of Hair
Restoration Surgery American Osteopathic
Association American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
American Society of Hair Transplantation
Pontiac Osteopathic Hospital August 3, 1990 -
St. Joseph Mercy Hospital December 21, 1993 -
Genesys Regional Medical May 5, 1991 - October
Dermatology Residency Program at Pontiac
Osteopathic Hospital since 1991.
Dermatology Residency Program at St. Joseph
Contributions to Medical and Surgical
1. The Nail: Published in Cutis - May, 1991
2. Cutaneous Blastomycosis with Sarcoidosis
3. A Case Report: Cutaneous Lupus Treated with
4. Tumescent Technique / Ambulatory Phlebotomy:
Published in The Journal of Dermatologic Surgery
and Oncology - (April, 1995)
"Postsclerotherapy Pigmentation: Is Serrum
Ferritin levels an accurate indicator?"
5. THE SUNDAY ADVANCE, Flint Michigan - Medical
Review, Volume I, Number 15 (April 16, 1995):
"Doctor's New Procedure Treats Varicose Veins
in Office Setting"
6. THE GREAT LAKES SENIOR LIVING NEWS - Volume
2, Edition 11 (January, 1995): "New Surgical
Procedure Vaporizes the Varicose Vein"
7. THE JEWISH NEWS, Detroit, Michigan - (March
10, 1995): "Not in the Vein"
8. HEALTHCARE WEEKLY REVIEW - Volume 2, Number
3 (April 5, 1995): "Doctor's Pioneer New
Varicose Vein Procedure"
9. DAILY NEWS - L.A. LIFE (May 22, 1995):
"Varicose Veins Stand Up To New
10. THE TIMES LEADER, Wilkes-Barre,
Pennsylvania - (May 22, 1995): "Technique
Eases Varicose Vein Pain"
11. THE NEWS & OBSERVER, Raleigh, North
Carolina - ( May 22, 1995): "New Hope for
12. SOMERSET GAZETTE, Troy, Michigan - Volume
15, Number 40 ( May 29, 1995): "Pioneering
Physicians Lead Michigan Medical Community in
Treating Varicose Veins"
13. THE LEDGER, Lakeland, Florida - (May 30,
1995): "Treatment Eases Pain of Varicose
14. NEW WOMAN - (June, 1995): "Varicose
15. THE ALBUQUERQUE JOURNAL - Number 156 (June
5,1995): "Varicose Up Close"
16. THE DETROIT FREE PRESS - Section F, Body
and Mind ( May 16, 1995): "A Leg Up on
17. THE RECORD B (June 5, 1995): "A One
Time Fix for a Pain in the Leg"
18. TRIBUNE CHRONICLE - Health / Fitness (June
13, 1995): "New Procedure Makes It Easy to
Clear Your Legs"
19. YOUR HEALTH - Medical Bulletin (August 8,
1995): "New Varicose Vein Surgery"
20. HERITAGE NEWSPAPERS / PRESS & GUIDE -
(December 28, 1995): "Technique Developed for
Easy Treatment of Varicose Veins"
21. NATIONAL WOMEN=S HEALTH REPORT, Washington,
D.C. - Volume 17, Number 6 (November / December
1995): "Millions Suffer from Varicose
22. AMBULATORY PHLEBECTOMY - Symposium -
(February 24, 1996): "Transplant Operations
Are a Hair-Raising Procedure"
23. THE JEWISH NEWS, Detroit, Michigan - (June
7, 1996): "Down the Drain?"
24. THE ADVISOR MACOMB, North Clinton, Michigan
- (June 6, 1996): "Tumescent Technique for
25. THE DETROIT NEWS - Metro Life, Section J (
July 3, 1996): "Less Pain & Money Can
Cover Your Bald Spots"
26. THE DETROIT NEWS - Metro Section (August
30. 1996): "Painful, Ugly Varicose Veins Need
Not Be a Bother Anymore"
27. DEARBORN PRESS & GUIDE , Dearborn,
Michigan - (October 10, 1996): "Hair
Transplant Process Improved"
28. THE ADVISOR NEWSPAPER - Dearborn, Michigan,
B Section A ( October 17, 1996): "Proper Skin
Care Helps People Save Face"
29. THE DETROIT FREE PRESS - Body & Mind,
Section F (April 22, 1996): "The Pounds Melt
30. THE SOURCE NEWSPAPER, Detroit, Michigan
(May 11, 1996): "Toxin Treatment Helps Iron
31. THE DETROIT NEWS - Metro Section C
(February 14, 1997): "Toxin Offers New
Wrinkle on Way to Get Smooth Skin"
32. WOMAN'S WORLD / THE WOMAN'S WEEKLY - ( June
10, 1997): "New Ways to Erase Varicose
33. CANTON OBSERVER, Canton, Michigan - ( June
29, 1997): "New Procedure Gives Patients
Faster Results, Fewer Scars"